Sunday, September 21, 2014

Christmas Farted in My Daughter's Room

It started out a lovely Sunday morning. Stephen is working today(not so lovely.) The kids and I woke and had a nice breakfast together. Then I turned on some morning cartoons for them(Lorelai requested the Sprout channel today) and started doing some dishes that I was too lazy to do last night. As I'm loading the dishwasher, Lorelai walks in and is behind me talking. I just talk to her for a few minutes without really looking back. Then, as I finish dishes, I ask her to step out of the kitchen so I can get the floor swept. She says sure and runs off! The next thing I know, they are playing in Lorelai's room together. Great!

 So I sweep and get the stuff to mop out. I decide to go check on them real quick. As I walk to her bedroom at the end of the hall, I'm engulfed with the overwhelming smell of cinnamon. It's in that moment the dread hits me, as I know what I'm about to walk in to. I put on my serious mommy face and walk to the door...

Turning to me are 2 very brown children in a brown dust covered room. It was everywhere! I notice they were particular about covering the window sill. I find the bottle and it is, of course, entirely empty.

They went straight to the shower! I am now spending my Sunday vacuuming over and over in one little room. I just can't believe the sneaky little turkey swiped it from the kitchen while talking to me! This happened right under my nose! Her room now smells like Christmas farted.

Oh and did I mention our vacuum has become incredibly unreliable. We've actually been shopping for a new one. So that's making the clean up process real fun.....

So how is your Sunday going?

No comments:

Post a Comment