Thursday, September 18, 2014

Mickey and Minnie Parties


Congratulations, Disney! Mickey Mouse Clubhouse has achieved exactly what you meant it to! The new generation of children are seeing Mickey and Minnie as beloved characters as did their parents! This past couple of months, I've assisted in putting together two Minnie and Mickey parties for two sweet little girls turning 2.

There are few things I love more than receiving a message from a friend asking that I help with their party. I seriously love it. I coordinated weddings before kids, my favorite part having been the decorating. I very much miss it. So I've turned that energy into birthday parties now! It's unpaid and just helping friends for now, but Im hoping to maybe turn it into more, once I fine tune it a little. My designs havent quite reached that crisp perfectly put together look yet you see online. Which I think with the existence of Pinterest, is what any customer would expect. Hoping to get there though! So I just keep taking any chance I get for experience! 

So I just wanted to share some pictures from these couple of parties I have worked on. Both moms came to me with smaller budgets, so I created schemes that could work with that. One was at the family's home and one was at a park pavillion. I didnt get as many pictures at the park pavillion. But with it being a park (and raining) the decor was kept more minimal. We let the table cloths and even the gifts wrapped in theme make up the feel of the party.

In the home party, we created a very simple but adorable tablescape using only 1 red plastic table cloth, white polka dots I cut out myself, and we attached different sized paper plated in the recognizable shape of Minnie and Mickey.
We also attached tiny bows since Minnie was the main focus of the party.

We continued with the plates to create fun decor for around the room.
We also cut out more polka dots for the front door.


For the park party we created some DIY Minnie ears with bows and Mickey ears without. The ears were cut from felt and hot glued onto some basic plastic black headbands. Laid out at the party for each guest to pick up when arriving created a cute decor on it's own! 

We attached balloons to the pavillion posts, each table had a red or yellow tablecloth and we also added a fun little touch with water bottles. I love when items such as water, that you would have at the party anyways, doubles as decor!

And of course, the star herself made a couple of appearances!

I know this post is small for a party post, but I'm hoping others who are going for affordable as we were, can gain something from it! The party at the park had a professional photographer, so I'll see about getting permission to use some of those here so you can see more! In the future, I must remember to take more of my own shots. Two more parties down, and the new thing I learned, take more pictures! Ha






No comments:

Post a Comment