Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Papa John's Chocolate Chip Cookie A.K.A. Pan of Deliciousness

I love chocolate and I love cookies. Which is why this blog is happening. It's going to sound like a commercial but I think if I try something I love then it deserves to be shared!

Last night, the husband worked late. I have been working hard learning to cook and making sure I cook a family dinner nightly. However, last night I just wasnt up for cooking the (already very grumpy and ready for bed) kids and then making sure it is something that can easily be warmed when he got home. So I decided, dragging my fit throwing 2 year old to the van at the park(yeah it was that kind of day) that Papa John's sounded fabulous. It's 2 minutes from our house, so it makes hot and easy dinner very accessible!

While at the counter ordering my take away pizza, feeling like one tired mommy, I made an impulse decision to add the big chocolate cookie onto my order. I thought it would be a great treat once the kids were in bed. I looked forward to it, but I was just expecting a cookie cake type confection. It's the size of one and it looks like one(one big cookie!!!), so I expected something I had at birthday parties with out the uber sweet icing.

However, once I tucked the kids in to bed, and settled down with a good show with my slice, I bit into it and was oh so pleasantly surprised. This was every bit the expectation you have for a chocolate chip cookie. It was sooooo yummy, lots of chocolate chips, moist and perfectly baked. I was in love. Not going back for more was the biggest dose of self discipline I've have ever had!

So next time you're going to order pizza, make it a Papa John's( because well the pizza is really freaking good, too) and add on one of the delish cookies! Don't tell the kids though, you wont want to share!

*Disclaimer #1 i wasnt asked to write this, the cookie was just that good
#2 I didnt actually drag my daughter, I was feeling like I was going to have to though!

No comments:

Post a Comment