Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Edible Campfires! How To Use Some of That Yummy Candy Corn!

To get the flow going again, I'll share a fun little fall treat I made for my family! Now, my New Year's resolution was to learn more in the kitchen. Up until, literally this year, I was pretty useless in the kitchen. In the past my husband did the majority of the cooking. Finally, his job hours cut in to how much he could do and I got tired of how much I was spending on things already prepared. Plus, I just hated feeding my kids so much of it. Now, Im not saying we are automatically healthy for cooking at home, but I certainly feel like it's heading in the right direction. Just based on variety alone, I know it's better.

One aspect I have loved is learning how to make the fun things, like seasonal desserts. Which is what I'm here to share today. Today's recipe is a twist on one that has been made time and time again by anyone who can melt things!

Just by this picture alone, I'm sure some of you who are more seasoned in the kitchen know where Im going. If not, these two ingredients create a tasty little treat known as haystacks. I wish I had a picture of my own to share what I'm talking about but I don't own one. So go Google or Pinterest, Ill wait.....

Ok, now that you've seen that, this will make more sense :)
So all you do is melt the butterscotch, pour some of the chow mein noodles in, coat them and then make little piles on wax paper and allow to cool/harden.

Here is my fun little fall inspired addition, though
That's right! The season of candy corn has arrived! It was price matched this week to a great price at Kroger(so if you have one near you, check your ad! I just price match at Walmart!) 

When you add these yummy little morsels to a haystack you get....
A cute little fire.

How cute are those? My kids thought it was the coolest thing ever. Now they are 2 and 3, so pretty dern easy to impress but I cant argue with them! And yes, that is a dern you see back there! Welcome to today's lesson of Texas slang! 
Dern-can be used in place of dang or darn.
 Haha! 

These were quite tasty. Also, when I posted to my Facebook page, a friend commented they might taste yummy with some honey roasted peanuts mixed in. She may be right! So when you make these for your family, throw some in and give it a try! Come let me know how it is!





No comments:

Post a Comment