Thursday, September 18, 2014

Cooking My Way Through Pinterest: Mini Tacos

Hi, I'm Kasie and I'm a Pinterest hoarder...
Who else is guilty? Why is it soooo addicting? There's just so many good ideas. When I pull them off, I feel like such a genius, lol.

So, upon my New Year's resolution to learn to cook, my biggest resource has been Pinterest. I need easy directions, and recipes that offer various ways of making them(family that includes picky eaters over here.) I wish I would have had my blog accessible since I started but I still have so much to learn that I think this will still work perfectly.

So a few times a week, I would like to have a series dedicated to this. I will be calling them "Cooking My Way Through Pinterest." I look forward to writing about my triumphs and fails(there are still plenty, there has even been a night that resulted in throwing dinner the trash and going to CiCi's.)

So, stick with me and let me do the testing for you! Have a favorite recipe or one on Pinterest that you've been wondering about? Send it to me, I might try it and let you know what I find out! Nothing too complicated yet! I'm getting there!

We'll start with what I made tonight to kick things off!

Tonight I made
Mini Tacos!

I thought they looked super tasty! So I bought the ingredients to use:
Tostitos tortilla Scoops
1lb of ground beef
Shredded Mexican Blend cheese
El Paso taco seasoning
Sour cream
Lettuce
Tomatoes

The picture I have saved on my Pinterest board is one of the annoying pins that goes no where when you click it! Seriously dislike those duds! So I just winged it. 
I preheated my oven to 250 degrees F.
In a pan I browned the meat and added the seasoning. 
In a baking pan I laid out as many scoops as it took to fill the little pan and spooned some of  the finished beef into each one and sprinkled the cheese over them all.
Then I popped them in the oven for 5 minutes. They came out looking so delicious!
Beautiful, eh? Toot Toot(<= that's the sound of me tooting my own horn, in case you didn't know!)
I was so excited, while it's a fairly simple thing to make, I still get excited when things come out the way they are suppose to.

I served it topped with lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream.

 I added salsa to the plates to dip, if wanted. I also added a side of refried beans.
They were so tasty. Kids and husband both ate them right up! My son is extremely picky so I didnt add the lettuce to his but he ate his up real fast too! 
Now if there wasnt a side with it, it wouldnt have been all that filling. They were tasty, yes but it was kind of like eating Chinese food. Everything is small so you eat more to get full. With as tasty as they are and being the perfect little bite size, I think they would be perfect to serve as party food! Maybe a cuter version of a taco bar? Other than that we really loved them, I think our own family will move them to a lunch item or for future parties. For dinner, I think we'll stick to more hearty nachos.

No comments:

Post a Comment